Image of the Past
Well, above is how I used to look. From Spring 2008- Spring 2011, life was very painful with often 25+ joints swollen and immobile, and raised CRP and ESR making me feel like I had flu, for ever. Below is how I used to think and how I reframed my thinking. I have made extraordinary gains in positive psychology since attending my group sessions. They have been so effective.
The defeatist stuff:
- I’ve always been big
- Emotional? Eat! Tired? Eat! Trapped by illness? Eat! Bored? Eat! Celebrating? Eat!
- Nursery food to provide and pick at
- I’m so big there’s no point trying
- My thyroid doesn’t work
- Woe is me! Poor me! I have a severe dose of rheumatoid arthritis, I give up!
The positive twist:
- No you haven’t. You’ve overeaten for years and been sedentary for a decade
- Stop eating, start nourishing
- It’s not beyond the wit of woman to do stop creating and picking at unhealthy leftovers
- I’m so big it is even better for me to try now
- The levothyroxine does, and you do still metabolise you know:)
- I have a challenge, I have help and support, I have access to expensive and effective drugs. I owe it to myself, family and my society to make the best of things.